Holidays/Term 1 ONLINE FLEXIBLE WORKSHOP: "Now that I'm teaching RE": an introductory workshop for teachers new to teaching Religious Education
(Introduction to Teaching RE with Crossways)
If you need to know more about the CESA Crossways RE curriculum then this workshop is for you!
This workshop consists of viewing and responding to three online modules. The three presentation modules will be uploaded in video format and accessible via MS Forms. There will also be a MSTeams discussion with dates to be announced. All modules must be completed and submitted by 21st April 2022. All information regarding the modules will be sent to registrants after the 10th January 2022.
This is designed for teachers new to teaching RE in 2022 or 2021, particularly those who either:
- didn't undertake the full UniSA Catholic Studies Strand in their B.Ed
- or those without completed Graduate Certificate in Catholic Education.
The workshop goes beyond the mandated CESA Teacher Induction Module to explore the privilege of teaching Religious Education in a Catholic school, and will highlight your responsibilities, resources and practical considerations. We will look at the development of particular skills and dispositions in RE and how 'Enduring Understandings' are acquired alongside capabilities in questioning, interpreting, making meaning and dialoguing in Religious Education.
This module will focus on:
- the purpose of the learning area of Religious Education
- the structure and features of CESA's redesigned Crossways RE curriculum
- contemporary pedagogies for RE
- learning design principles for RE
- the educational philosophy and theology which has shaped the redesign of Crossways
- and also concept-based teaching, the features of high-quality teaching and learning in RE and how Visible Thinking strategies and routines can be applied to the RE classroom.
Facilitators: Marcia Burgess and Christina Jonas