The PBL Collaborative Inquiry Network aims to enable educators to take a collaborative action inquiry approach, into identifying high impact practices aligned to the Gold Standard Seven Essential Elements of PBL (PBL Works) utilising the Innovation and Spiral of Inquiry Framework (Timperley, Kaser & Halbert).
Through engaging in this collaborative inquiry, educators will build their capacity to critically design and facilitate PBL.
This network will be delivered in a hybrid model with face-to-face sessions and synchronous online learning through the MS Teams platform. Within Teams, One-Note will we used for educators to record their inquiry through structured templates. CESA Education Advisors will be available for “just in time”, online coaching with educators to support them throughout this collaborative inquiry.
1. Wednesday 4 August (3:30 - 5:30 pm, Online)
2. Monday 16 August (9:00 am - 3:30 pm, Samaritan College, Whyalla)
3. Tuesday 17 August (9:00 am - 3:30 pm, Samaritan College, Whyalla)
4. Tuesday 14 September (3:30 - 5:00pm, Online)
5. Monday 18 October (3:30 - 5:00pm, Online)
6. Wednesday 3 November (3:30 - 5:00pm, Online)
7. Monday 29 November (9:00 am - 3:30 pm, Samaritan College, Whyalla - Online Optional)
This workshop will take place over 7 days and participation at all 7 days is required.
Core FOCI and Priorities
- Curriculum and assessment design
- Integrated learning
- Collaborative Inquiry
AITSL National Professional Standards for Teachers Include
Standard 2: Know the content and how to teach it
Standard 3: Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 5: Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
Intended Audience: Leaders of Learning and Educators
Facilitator: Melanie O'Leary - Education Advisor, Middle Years & Mandy Loveder - Education Advisor, Senior Years
Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org / T: 8301 6806
Registration Enquiries: email@example.com
Deadline for Registration: COB Friday 30 July 2021