2020 Engage with Asia Network
Last day to register: Thursday 27 February 2020
CESA schools are places where students live and respect diversity, difference, commonalities, intercultural and ethical understanding. The Engage with Asia Network encourages teachers and students to develop respectful relationships and academic co-constructed curriculum with partners in Asia, through relevant ICTs.
The network will focus on the development of models of effective and sustainable school partnerships with contemporary curriculum and educational collaboration between CESA schools and schools in Asia.
Participants will be directly involved in online collaborative co-construction of curriculum with schools in Asia, with student agency and 21st century pedagogies and capabilities at the forefront of this Network’s work.
It is envisaged that the work to be undertaken through the 2020 Engage with Asia Network will support students in building dialogue and negotiate with other students in Asia on different aspects contributing to greater intercultural understanding and global competence.
What will actually happen?
- Co-construct a Partnership Plan with a school in Asia
- Prepare online classes and class presentations that favour student voice, student agency, distributed leadership and common areas of the curriculum
- Show how the CESA Living Learning and Leading Framework is being lived and implemented in their practice, pedagogy and assessment, as a result of their school’s involvement in the network
- Investigate and share successful models of co-construction and student agency
- Design student surveys to gather evidence of how students achieve some of the capabilities outlined in the CESA Living Learning Leading Framework, the General Capabilities in the Australian Curriculum as well as Global Competence as outlined in the OECD 2018 PISA
- use the AC Intercultural Understanding GC and CESA’s Interculturally and Globally Minded Capability to check their students’ progress throughout their involvement
Members of this Network:
- will attend 2 central Network days (Adelaide) and 2 Regional Network Days
- design a partnership plan together with the partner school in Asia
- show evidence that their involvement in the Engage with Asia contributes to their school’s Annual Improvement Plan
- may be supported to visit their partner schools in Asia – details to be discussed and confirmed at the first Network meeting
CESA will support the participation of 3-4 new schools into the network.
First Network Day :
Tuesday 10 March 2020 - Catholic Education Office Room 8
AITSL Australian Professional Standards for Teachers to be addressed:
1.2 Understand how students learn
2.1 Content and teaching strategies of the teaching area
2.2 Content selection and Organisation
2.3 Curriculum, assessment and reporting
2.6 Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
3.2 Plan, structure and sequence learning programs
3.3 Use teaching strategies
6.2 Engage in professional learning and improve practice
6.3 Engage with colleagues and improve practice
Educators wanting to lead the implementation of innovative and creative strategies that address engagement with Asia across the school.
Educators with responsibility over the languages and cultures curriculum.
Cost: no fee
Catering: morning tea and lunch will be provided
Curriculum, Learning and Wellbeing Consultant
For Further Information regarding registration: