This training is only for new schools that did not complete the School Readiness Test in August 2019.
This workshop provides the training required for NAPLAN Coordinators of new schools that are conducting the NAPLAN Online Tests in May 2020.
It is highly recommended that two participants from each school campus be trained, to provide support for each other up to and during:
- a preliminary readiness test in late February
- the National Coordinated Practice Test on 23 March and
- the NAPLAN Online 2020 test window from 12 - 22 May
This training will emphasise processes that promote the implementation of the national protocols for national online assessment.
There will be multiple focus for this workshop:
- a supported opportunity to practise all procedures in the various phases of preparation and conduct of tests in the NAPLAN online assessment platform
- thorough acquaintance with the accessibility adjustments that will be available for students in the NAPLAN Online 2020 Test
- guidelines for preparing teachers to be Test Administrators using the 2020 online assessment platform and test protocols, supported by re-developed training materials
Participants are encouraged to do some tests from the NAPLAN Online public demonstration site before attending their workshop. Those tests are available for each year level at https://www.nap.edu.au/online-assessment
Please bring your own laptop, if it can access the internet outside your school. There will be devices available as ‘student devices’ which have had the NAP secure locked down browser installed.
AITSL Professional Standards for Teachers
2.3 - Curriculum, assessment and reporting
5.1 - Assess student learning
6.2 - Engage in professional learning and improve practice
7.2 - Comply with legislative, administrative and organisational requirements
Registration Due Date: Wednesday 5 February 2020
Facilitators: Ray Moritz & Jarrod Carter, CESA
Workshop Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org / T: 8301 6191
Registration Enquiries: email@example.com