Making Nests (Adelaide Program)
This is a leadership development and professional collaborative program to develop deeper understandings of how to connect Catholic Identity, Staff Spiritual and Religious Formation and school culture. In 2019 this will use Cynthia Bourgeault’s book The Wisdom Way of Knowing: Reclaiming An Ancient Tradition to Awaken the Heart as an inspiration for considering new expressions of staff formation that meet contemporary needs, enhance core priorities of the school and enable effective leadership. This provides a contemporary application of the wisdom traditions in developing capability to plan for and lead Spiritual and Religious Formation as well as deepening an engagement with professional learning for engagement with the Wisdom strand in the redeveloped Crossways A key component is liaising with colleagues, sharing good practice and returning to school with the confidence, knowledge and resources to engage your staff community. Previous participants have reflected on the value of this collaboration and professional relationships for making Catholic Identity visible in their schools as well as developing their personal knowledge of theology and scripture. It is encouraged that you participate with colleagues from your school leadership team to maximise its impact on professional practice.
Invitation to join the program online during 2020
In light of the Covid19 related restrictions we are offering a warm invitation for participants who attended Day 1 of Making Nests on March 17 AND ANY NEW PARTICIPANTS to join us for our ‘alternative’ plan for the Day 2 component of Making Nests this year. Please note that attendance for the ‘Day 2’ offering does NOT presuppose attendance on Day 1.
We will meet using Microsoft Teams to reflect on Chapters 3 and 4 of our book “The Wisdom Way of Knowing” by Cynthia Bourgeault. For new members, the reading material will be sent to your school asap.
Chapters 3 and 4 of the text will support us to reflect together on themes such as:
- The importance of our bodies as expressions of our spiritual selves, our spiritual questions and the ‘real knowledge’ that lies deep within us.
- Models of self-understanding and strategies for increasing our “receptivity to higher meaning”.
- How we can be led to reduce being to thinking
- How we can act out of the power of emotional agendas.
- What might a ‘spirituality of the heart’ entail?
- The wisdom that emerges from engagement with the ‘big’ story of creation
- How language can help and hinder our attempts to ‘name’ God
- What might be the vision of “the world God desires” at the heart of CESA’s Live Learn Lead Framework?
Session 1: Tues 17 March 2020
Session 2: Monday June 22: 4:00 -5.30 pm & Monday June 29: 4:00-5.30 pm
Session 3: TBA
Session 4: TBA
For registration and general information refer to: Angela Brown email@example.com or phone 8301 6629.
For further information regarding the program, please contact: Julian Kluge firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 8301 6674.