Gifted and Talented
In our work to improve provisions for gifted and talented students in Catholic schools, CESA has strategically partnered with the University of NSW and engaged the expertise of Dr Jae Jung, to explore and develop models of gifted education that can be implemented across a range of contexts throughout the system.
In beginning our work together, Dr Jae Jung will facilitate a Professional Learning day open to all Leaders and Teachers, focused on defining, identifying and understanding the gifted learner. This professional learning day will launch a new research project for 2020 – ‘Engaging Highly Abled Students’. Interested schools will be expected to attend this professional learning day with Dr Jae Jung and commit to engaging in further learning focused on developing and implementing contemporary models of gifted education in their schools.
Dr Jae Yup Jung, PhD, an associate professor in the School of Education and the Director of GERRIC (Gifted Education Research and Resource Centre) at The University of New South Wales, will support schools to engage in research that leads to a system wide approach to identifying gifted and talented students, co-constructing high quality learning for gifted students, whilst also developing processes for monitoring progress.
The scope of our work together includes:
- Developing an understanding of contemporary research on gifted education
- Identifying the issues in gifted education in schools through action research
- Providing professional development for leaders and teachers in gifted education
- Developing gifted education models in metropolitan and rural schools
- Supporting the implementation of gifted education models in our schools
- Developing a system to monitor the implementation of gifted education models
- Developing a contemporary gifted education policy and procedures.
Catering: Morning tea and lunch will be provided with a vegetarian option only. If you have any other requirements you are encouraged to bring this with you.
Facilitator: Dr Jae Yup Jung, PhD, Associate Professor in the School of Education and the Director of GERRIC (Gifted Education Research and Resource Centre) at The University of New South Wales
Intended Audience: Principals, Leaders and Teachers
Workshop Enquiries: email@example.com
Registration Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org