This 3 hour face-to-face workshop provides a 2019 update for NAPLAN Coordinators in schools that conducted the NAPLAN Online Tests in May 2018.
It is highly recommended that two participants from each school be trained, to provide support for each other up to and during:
- the national Coordinated Practice Test on 28 March and
- the NAPLAN Online 2019 test window from 14 - 24 May 2019
Participants will gain:
- refresher training in all NAPLAN Coordinator functions in the 2019 version of the NAPLAN online assessment platform, in the context of the authorised national test protocols
- insights and strategies for in-school training of teachers to be Test Administrators using the 2019 online assessment platform, supported by nationally developed training materials
Participation in this workshop will concentrate on differences between using the 2018 and 2019 versions of the assessment platform and will emphasise processes to ensure compliance with the national protocols for national online assessment. Some school NAPLAN Coordinators from 2018 will be involved in planning and facilitating the workshops, to ensure fresh eyes and insights into meeting the requirements.
For reference to test question types, the NAPLAN Online public demonstration site can be accessed at www.nap.edu.au/online-assessment/public-demonstration-site (scroll down to year level buttons).
- participants are encouraged to bring their own laptop, if it is able to access the internet outside of their school
- computers will be available in the training venue if needed
- no software needs to be pre-loaded before the workshop
- the hands-on nature of the workshops means they cannot be provided via CISCO video-conferencing
AITSL Professional Standards for Teachers
2.3 - Curriculum, assessment and reporting
5.1 - Assess student learning
6.2 - Engage in professional learning and improve practice
7.2 - Comply with legislative, administrative and organisational requirements
Registration Due Date: Friday 22 February 2019
Facilitators: Ray Moritz, Jarrod Carter & Chris Flynn
Workshop Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org / T: 8301 6136
Registration Enquiries: email@example.com / T: 8301 6641