This workshop provides the training required for NAPLAN Coordinators in schools that are conducting the NAPLAN Online Tests in May 2018.
It is highly recommended for two participants from each school to be trained, to provide support for each other up to and during:
- the National Coordinated Practice Test on 22 March and
- the NAPLAN Online 2018 test window from 15 - 25 May
While this training will be based initially on refreshment of earlier training, it will emphasise processes that promote the implementation of the national protocols for national online assessment.
The workshops also offer a valuable opportunity for NAPLAN Online Coordinators to network and share their experiences and insights into managing online assessments in their schools.
There will be a multiple focus:
- A supported opportunity to practise all procedures in the various phases of preparation and conduct of tests in the NAPLAN online assessment platform
- Thorough re-acquaintance with the accessibility adjustments that will be available for students in the NAPLAN Online 2018 Test
- Guidelines for preparing teachers to be Test Administrators using the 2018 online assessment platform and test protocols, supported by re-developed training materials
Participants are encouraged to do some tests from the NAPLAN Online public demonstration site before attending their workshop. Those tests are available for each year level at http://www.nap.edu.au/online-assessment/naplan-online/naplan-online-public-demonstration-site
Please bring your own laptop, if it can access the internet outside your school. There will be laptops available as ‘student devices’ which have had the NAP secure locked down browser installed.
AITSL Professional Standards for Teachers
2.3 - Curriculum, assessment and reporting
5.1 - Assess student learning
6.2 - Engage in professional learning and improve practice
7.2 - Comply with legislative, administrative and organisational requirements
Registration Due Date - Friday 23 February
Facilitators - Ray Moritz, Tom Melingakos & Chris Flynn, CESA
Workshop Enquiries - Ray Moritz
firstname.lastname@example.org / T: 8301 6136
Registration Enquiries - Lin McLoughlin
email@example.com / T: 8301 6641