The 2 Books of God
· This course will illuminate how we are connected as people and creation and where our place is in relationship and community. How do we read the 2 books of God - the Book of the Bible and the Book of Creation in knowing Jesus, ourselves and our relationship with others. This will explore the Papal Encyclical 'Laudato Si' and look at the 3 stages called for to SEE, JUDGE and ACT in a personal conversion of the heart. There will also be an opportunity for conversation, dialogue and personal prayer in immersing in the personal and community call to live differently and challenge convention.
"All is not lost. Human Beings, while capable of the worst, are also capable of rising above themselves, choosing again what is good, and making a new start." (205)
Term 4 Week 5: Saturday, 14th November 9am-4pm Tenison Woods college, Mt Gambier
CORE FOCI AND PRIORITIES
- Religious Education
- On Holy Ground,
- Laudato Si
- Being with God
- General Capabilities
- Critical and creative thinking
- Personal and social capability
- Ethical understanding
AITSL AUSTRALIAN PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS FOR TEACHERS INCLUDE
- Standard 2:Know the content and how to teach it. 2.2
- Standard 3: Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning 3.4
- Standard 6: Engage in professional learning 6.2
APRIM/REC/Religious Leaders and Teacher of Primary, Middle & Secondary years.
- 1 day centrally located
- 6.5 hours
FACILITATOR: Julian Kluge
SYSTEM ACCREDITED MODULE: YES
Registration Enquiries: Sarah Pietsch 8301-6629
All contact details and further program information on this professional learning opportunity can be found at the following link Professional Learning Booklet.