MAXIMISING THE MARKING RUBRIC
NAPLAN Writing marker training program 2015
16 May - 17 May & 27 May - 2 June
Expressions of interest to participate in the Maximising the Marking Rubric (MMR) professional development program are sought from teachers who have not previously marked the Writing task of the NAPLAN test.
This program will provide participants with training to
- become skilled in using the NAPLAN Writing marking rubric
- mark a variety of students’ writing, across Years 3, 5, 7 and 9, and
- share their learning with other teachers in their own school.
Places are limited to 5 teachers from SA Catholic schools, only one per school.
Participants will undertake training with over 150 SA markers in using the NAPLAN Writing marking rubric – this process is nationally designed to develop consistent and fair judgement across all students’ work.
The week of marking will be at the state marking centre (Torrensville), including moderation of marker quality through daily control scripts. All marking is done online.
NAPLAN Writing marker training
NAPLAN Writing marking
Saturday 16 May and
Sunday 17 May
9am – 4pm both days
Participants will be paid an hourly rate for this training
Wednesday 27 May to
Tuesday 2 June
8:30am – 3:30pm for 5 days
Teachers released from school
CESA will contribute to school for 4 of 5 days TRT expenses
CORE FOCI AND PRIORITIES
AITSL AUSTRALIAN PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS FOR TEACHERS INCLUDE
- 6.2 Engage in professional learning and improve practice (Proficient level) Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
- 5.1 Assess student learning
- 5.3 Make consistent and comparable judgements
- 6.3 Engage with colleagues and improve practice
Teachers who have not marked NAPLAN Writing tests previously.
Teachers with the capacity to provide professional learning for their colleagues after their own training.
Teachers who are comfortable with reading written texts on screen and with basic competence in using a computer.
2 weekend days of compulsory training
5 week days of supervised marking
Supervision and training of markers is the responsibility of the SA Manager of the NAPLAN Writing Marking Centre.
Ray Moritz is the CESA representative:
ph 8301 6136, e: email@example.com